Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 09, 2007

Bust Out the Biohazzard Sign

In my last post I mentioned that Ryan had/has been sick for over a week. Before yesterday we hadn't left the house in a week. He had a fever two weekends ago when I gave him Tylenol he seemed fine and the next day no fever. I thought he was better. Then he got another fever and that went away and I thought he was better again. Then it came back. In the mornings he would seem fine, but by afternoon he would be tired and clingy with a fever. So I decided he would have to go a whole day without a fever before we would go anywhere. Sunday was that day. All was right with the world(well almost- Both kidlets had little colds, but I wasn't about to let that stop me after being cooped up for so long.) and we went to the doctor for Lily's well baby check up on Monday. She had an ear infection. Boy did her demeanor change after that appointment She went from happy baby with a runny nose and slight cough to fussy barnacle with a fountain for a nose and the cough of a horse. Ryan also started acting ridiculously tired and fussy. Back to being housebound. Things were looking slightly better yesterday until right before dinner when Ryan completely melted down. As I was getting dinner ready to put in the table I hear Jay from the other room, "Did you know Ryan has pink eye?" (excuse my French) CRAAAAAAAP! To Patient First we go. We get eye drops for his eyes and antibiotics for the ear infection that is developing in both ears. I usually look forward to spring. It is my favorite time of year with it's warm weather and flowers. This year it's not just looking forward to something nice I can't wait for spring. I am SO done with winter and cold and flu season.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor babies! Poor MOMMY!~ I hope you are all well soon, and celebrating Spring in a happy, warm and fuzzy fashion.

Katie said...

Sounds brutal! I hope everyone recovers soon and that you keep your sanity.

Erin said...

AAAAAAAAAAAA!!! You poor thing!! I'd be going stir-crazy too! Let me know if you need anything! :)

Mari said...

Urgh! Not fun. At least Ryan has Caillou now. And there will be an extra layer of appreciation once Easter and all the great spring activities come around!

Hope everyone recovers quickly!

Claire said...

Yee-yikes! I think we are having a bit of that at our house, too... just when we thought we were over our 2-week-long head cold, Mike's coworker starts COMING TO WORK with his strep throat. His two kids have scarlet fever that is apparently resistant to amoxicillin. Now everybody in our house is coughing again. It will end, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Heidi said...

Hope you guys are feeling much better very soon!