Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Tribute to Water

Have you ever noticed how water can make everything better? Water was my saving grace when both kids were sick at the same time. In the middle of every morning I would take my two housebound sickies to another place in the tub. All the grumpiness, tiredness, fussiness, and general blah feelings would disappear. The water would infuse life, energy and joy into our otherwise monotonous days of sickness. Bath time was like an escape to another world; in some ways like a short vacation. For those weeks that we were trapped in the house with our germs that was so important to have that. Some days we would even do two baths:-)
The kids were not the only ones who benefited from the wonderful, wonderful water. Some days I would go up after dinner and take a shower or a bath when I didn't have to rush because I knew Jay had the kids. It was fantastically relaxing and rejuvenating to have that time. It's no wonder to me that water symbolizes purity, rebirth, rejuvenation and relaxation. I just had to show water some love since it saved my sanity these past couple weeks.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Amen! We haven't even had any germs in our house recently, but on the days we were trapped inside because of snow... or just tired and blah in the middle of the day, I'd put Ben in the tub and just let him swim around and play. He loved it! If it was later in the day and we were trying to kill the hour before Tom got home, I'D take a bath and just let Ben splash and pour water into cups in the bathroom. And nighttime baths? I'm all over those!!! :) They feel SO good!

Joan S. said...

Why do you think I love the hot tub on Summer Vacation so much? And most vacations involve water? Of course, like all good things, it can be annoying at times, too--but LOVE the water? You betcha!