Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 03, 2007

On the Party

As I laid in my bed last night I was thinking about my post and I realized it might be taken the wrong way. I almost couldn't fall asleep- almost, but I was really tired. So I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding. When I wrote the other post I was really lamenting in my failure to plan an engaging party. I don't want anyone to think I was complaining about the kids or the number of people. I was actually really touched that so many people wanted to come celebrate Ryan. It was really just that I had it planned a certain way and so much of it didn't quite turn out the way I planned. Over all I think it turned out fine. I *think* Ryan's guests had fun and Ryan remembers his party fondly. That's really what matters. Thanks to all those who came. We enjoyed your company:-)

3 comments:

Claire said...

Jen, I totally understand. I always get frustrated when occasions, especially big ones like a birthday party, don't go like I plan. Perhaps next year your audience will be a little more receptive to your fantastic planning skillz?

I think Ryan and Isaac are even more alike than I thought, in that they are both fans of a more intimate setting. But, despite the hopping-ness of your party, I know everybody had lots of fun! My guys loved your painting activity to death. And we grown-ups had a great time chatting with you and your guests as well.

We were so glad to come, and I hope we didn't cause you any undue stress with our wishy-washy last-minute stomach flu situation.

Periwinkle Jen said...

No worries, Claire. I'm glad you guys felt well enough to come.

Katie said...

I know what you meant. I'm glad you posted about the party since we missed all of the activities. Sorry about that. Emily really enjoyed the painting and CG favors. She also really loved the soy ice cream sandwiches. What a find! That was really cool of you to get those. Emily LOVES them.