1) How are design/decorating decisions made in your house?
2) How do you think they should be made?
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
At the beginning of our marriage, hubby seemed to think he had final say on everything (because that's how he was raised). I thought inside the home was MY domain (because that's how I was raised). Now, after 30 yers of marriage, we work together--but he generally defers to me for interiot design and decorating.
1 - I talk over what I'm thinking about with Dave. He adds suggestions and opinions. Rarely, he'll come to me with an idea - in which case I generally agree to it, since its so rare. Although I veto and will continue to veto for the rest of my life a barkalounger. And he vetoes painting walls, at least while we live in a rental.
2 - The above seems reasonable to me. Since Dave and I generally agree - there aren't problems. Although the 15 ft fishtank may cause problems once we can possibly afford it. :)
I make all the decisions in my house. What I say go's not questions asked. I am also 27 and still live alone so that might tell you something. But I still have final say.
I typically make decisions with paint, decor, & furniture b/c I have more specific tastes. That being said, we've only painted/decorated one room in our home since moving here (the nursery). Every other room was painted by the previous owners.
By the way, the tan lazy boy "Man" chair would look great in that new family room of yours!!! :-)
My hubby and I usually agree on everything. If we don't, it's rare, and we compromise. Our interior decorating skills are so poor, though, we hardly have anything to speak of! But paint has always been easy to agree on.
Generally speaking I make the design decisions, but I TRY to ask Mr. B before I do anything. Sometimes, I forget, oops. He really doesn't seem overly concerned with anything other than he doesn't like things that clutter or wallpaper.
9 comments:
At the beginning of our marriage, hubby seemed to think he had final say on everything (because that's how he was raised). I thought inside the home was MY domain (because that's how I was raised). Now, after 30 yers of marriage, we work together--but he generally defers to me for interiot design and decorating.
1 - I talk over what I'm thinking about with Dave. He adds suggestions and opinions. Rarely, he'll come to me with an idea - in which case I generally agree to it, since its so rare. Although I veto and will continue to veto for the rest of my life a barkalounger. And he vetoes painting walls, at least while we live in a rental.
2 - The above seems reasonable to me. Since Dave and I generally agree - there aren't problems. Although the 15 ft fishtank may cause problems once we can possibly afford it. :)
I make all the decisions in my house. What I say go's not questions asked. I am also 27 and still live alone so that might tell you something. But I still have final say.
Love,
T.J.
I typically make decisions with paint, decor, & furniture b/c I have more specific tastes. That being said, we've only painted/decorated one room in our home since moving here (the nursery). Every other room was painted by the previous owners.
By the way, the tan lazy boy "Man" chair would look great in that new family room of yours!!! :-)
My hubby and I usually agree on everything. If we don't, it's rare, and we compromise. Our interior decorating skills are so poor, though, we hardly have anything to speak of! But paint has always been easy to agree on.
1. by me.
2. by me.
1) By the hubs, with final veto power left to me.
2) ABSOLUTELY by him. I am not at all gifted in the interior design department.
Thanks everyone. It always helps to get a little perspective on things from outside of your own relationship:-)
Generally speaking I make the design decisions, but I TRY to ask Mr. B before I do anything. Sometimes, I forget, oops. He really doesn't seem overly concerned with anything other than he doesn't like things that clutter or wallpaper.
Post a Comment