Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 22, 2007

She Asked!

Lily asked to use the potty this morning! She was in her chair at the table and she said something along the lines of "blah blah blah potty." I asked if she wanted to use the potty as I got her up. "Yes!" She exclaimed in the clearest way she has ever said it. She dashed off upstairs and she did. It make me wonder if I should try to train her. If we should use underwear instead of diapers. She seems a little young for that, but I don't want to lose this enthusiasm she has for it. Up until now I've just been of the opinion that every stinky in the potty is one more diaper I have to change...woo-hoo! Now I'm not sure if I should be trying to help this potty thing along.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mommy! Sometimes I think THOSE three little words (gotta go potty) are the words Mommies most want to hear...

Erin said...

If you're up for it, go for it! She is an amazing girl, that Lily. She needs to teach Avery some of her "tricks". :)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Don't discount it... Jalyn did the same thing and eventually completely potty trained herself! I don't think she was as young as Lily is, but it does happen!

Judy said...

I don't think Lily is too young, especially if she's instigating it.
I don't have kids, but my friend Heather has daughters that are 13 months apart and her younger one was about 18 months old when Heather started potty training the older one, and they ended up both getting trained at the same time because the younger one wanted to "do like Sissy".