So, Ryan is home for the third day in a row and there is no hope for tomorrow because he still has a fever. The school has a 24 hour fever rule and they are really reminding us to go by it. I've heard H1N1 has a tricky way of making people think they are better and then start feeling sick again. So I can understand why they are emphasizing that rule right now. It also means I can sleep in:-)
I probably shouldn't complain because as far as sickness goes this hasn't been too bad. But the kids have been together for long enough that they are starting to bicker and fuss at each other way too much. I've instituted a quiet time in the afternoon. They don't like it, but, it's worth the few minutes of fussing and crying about having quiet time to have an hour of quiet in the afternoon. I miss quiet. I miss being able to leave my house. Luckily my mom is awesome and lives 5 minutes away. She got me groceries so we could survive this stuck-ness. She also brought over her Boggle game because Ryan wanted to play. He told me he didn't want to do anything physical and asked if we have Boggle. So Grandma came to the rescue. She even stayed and played a few rounds with him. One time when she was dropping stuff off Lily asked if she could go home with Grandma. So she did and Grandma and Grandpa played with her until dinner time. Have I mentioned how awesome it is to have my parents living close? It rocks!
I think I might be getting spoiled;-)



3 comments:
I think *I* might be gertting spoiled, too. But I love it...
LOL.
So other than h1n1, anything else new at your house? :)
Not really. We haven't left the house since Monday!
Post a Comment