Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

A Brave New World

So I've been hanging (online anyway) with some other aspiring photographers lately. I think it's been good for me. One of them put out a challenge today. The challenge was to declare yourself a photographer. That takes a lot of guts and confidence. I started a new blog to commemorate the occasion because I am a photographer! I'm still growing in my craft, but I am a photographer. For real! Stop laughing, oh wait, that's me. Maybe if I say it enough it won't be weird or feel like I'm bringing judgment down upon myself.
It's a new format for me and maybe for some of you. It's a lot more complicated than I'm used to, so hopefully it will improve over time. Let's call this it's "soft opening" for friends and family. Hopefully soon it will be ready for the world to see. The template is so cool. It changes the color of the background to enhance each picture. I'm not sure if I'll stick with that, but it sounds like fun for now.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am completely and utterly totally impressed with your new site. I have yet to call myself a photographer because I feel like I'm fooling everyone. I love your pictures, especially the one of your sis-in-law with the blocks on her tummy. Keep it up, your shots are beautiful! :)

Periwinkle Jen said...

Thanks, Erin! That's good to hear from someone "in the biz." And I'll say it for you...you are a photographer and one of my inspirations. I saw how you went from normal mom and blog friend to paid photographer and the I loved the shots you were getting and I thought maybe I could do that, too:-) I am jealous that you always seem to be near beaches;-) I love, love, love the shot of your girls on your banner- BTW.