You may have noticed that my entries have been short and sporadic. I guess that's what happens when you stick 4 computer addicted people in the same house with one computer! It actually wasn't that bad...we were busy a lot. My dad especially was busy taking out our gigantic tree. I went with my mom to visit her family. She also did some visiting without me.
I've been pretty obsessed with the Olympics...we watched it every night on vacation and I've watched at least a little bit every day since. The end of the women's soccer game was very exciting! Gymnastics is always a favorite for me...I thought Carly was just the cutest thing ever. I loved her teammate that was ALWAYS smiling too, but I don't remember her name. I was unusually interested in swimming this year too. It has been a good Olympics, Go USA!
Vacation was good. I got to relax, at least a little bit. Jay and Zach had fun canoeing and going to the water park. Ryan got his first taste of the beach(pun intended). He liked the ocean a lot. He played in the sand a little bit, but his favorite thing seemed to be running straight into the water. It was very cute. It was also amusing to watch him walk on the beach. He wasn't used to walking on a slant, so he was very unsteady and toppled over sometimes. He liked the beach though...I think he had fun. We went to Fun Land and Ryan rode his first ride, the carousel. He really liked it. He was all smiles. He was very interested in the mechanics above. He is like his daddy and his grandpop(or as he says Pop-pop) he wants to know how everything works! He was smiley and fun most of the week. He was a big hit with all the family...they were great with him. I was surprised how good my cousins were with him...they are going to be great with their new sibling. We missed having everyone there, but it was nice to have my parents for the first time in years. It was a good week.



2 comments:
Jen, What do you mean by "Jay & Zach had fun canning." I don't remember any canning during vacation....Mom
oh, that was an unfortunate spell checker mistake. I clicked ok by accident and it switched canoeing to canning. I realized my mistake right away and fixed it, but spell checker was still open, so I guess the change didn't stick. Thanks for catching that.
Post a Comment