Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Let's try this again
Ryan must have read Erin's blog over my shoulder and found out about Ben's latest achievements and decided he needed to get himself in gear. Last night he wanted to use the potty and then asked for underwear without any prompting at all. We've been down this underwear road before. It usually ends up with me swooshing the undies in the toilet. He does great when he wants to use the potty, but that durn stubborn streak of his has really gotten in the way. Given that his stubborn streak has been showing itself quite often lately I have not even thought about asking him if he wants to wear underwear in weeks. He has been great about using the potty today though. Underwear all morning; used the potty 3 times and no accidents. He is napping now and I'm not ready to let go of the nap time diaper. He asked to wear underwear during his nap but didn't put a up a fight to keep it. [I told him if he woke up dry for 3 days in a row he could wear underwear for nap.] So we have made progress. He has had good runs with no accidents before only to be thrown off by distractions, so we shall see what happens when Zach comes home. I'm more hopeful this time because he is doing this on his own. He doesn't want any rewards. When I say 'doesn't want rewards' I mean he has thrown himself on the floor crying saying, " I don't want a sticker!!!" and he even said no to M&Ms as a reward. He LOVES M&Ms. It's crazy I tell you. I think this is his way of owning the process, so the desire to control every situation stubbornness may actually be working for me in this case.



1 comment:
Jen! That's great!!! Let's hope his streak continues. And with no "streaks" on the big-boy undies.
Post a Comment