Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh, Boy

I bought the Little People Nativity for the kids and I finally remembered to get it out today. As I took each piece out I explained the part it has in the nativity and told parts of the story to Ryan. After we got all the pieces out he played with it for a little while moving pieces around and having little conversations with the toys. It was sweet.
Later I was in the kitchen making lunch and I hear "Ahhhhhh...PKkkkkk" I went around the corner to see what he was doing and I see him making the figurines fall off the edge of the table cliff. Then I heard something I never thought I'd hear, "Watch out baby Jesus!" There were more people falling off the cliff, more explosions and more shouts of "fire" and "watch out." Baby Jesus did remain safe in the manger as did Mary and Joseph, but I think they had quite a scare. The boy has quite an imagination. I can't really see a girl putting Jesus in such peril while playing, but I guess that's what they mean when they say 'boys will be boys'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Watch out Baby Jesus!" -- now there is a sentence one does not hear every day.

Katie said...

Ha, ha, ha! Yes, boys will be boys.