Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 22, 2006

Walking?

In my Christmas letter I said we wouldn't call the steps Lily is taking walking until she can take more than 6 steps without falling. 6 steps had been her record until today. This morning she took 9 steps and stopped. She didn't fall. She just stopped. So I think I am going to officially call that walking.
It's a little harder for me to judge her starting to walk than it was for Ryan. She took her first steps sooner, but they were sporadic and she mostly crawled. Ryan waited until he was fully 9 months to take his first steps, but he took off walking pretty quickly and didn't look back. Since Lily still does most of her getting around by bear walking and a little bit by old fashioned crawling now. So it's hard for me to judge if she is a full fledged walker. Either way she is growing up fast. Maybe a little too fast!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to say if she's officially a 'walker' since she chooses to crawl or bear walk most of the time. But she CAN walk! That's our girl!

Katie said...

Good Job Lily!

One Tweet Thing said...

Stop being so hard on lit'le Lil. She took steps, she's walking. :P

Erin said...

Wow! Go Lily! Already walking.

Anonymous said...

I counted the first steps as "walking"... it was too confusing for the baby book otherwise. ;) If not, I guess Ben walked closer to 9-1/2 months or so. Go Lily!!! Go Lily!!!