Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Money

Zach's new job is to empty the trash every night. Tonight he came downstairs and said, "Daddy, I found this dollar in the trash." Jay, understandably frustrated with Ryan, said, "RYAN! Why did you put a dollar in the trash?!" Ryan replied with a bit of sadness in his voice, "Because it was wrinkled." I start laughing immediately. Jay's stern demeanor softened as he let out a quiet chuckle, then Zach joined in and finally Ryan. Then Ryan said, "Why am I funny?" I couldn't explain to a three year old why his three year old logic was so sweet and innocent, but I could tell him why throwing money away isn't a good idea. I explained that dollars are still good even if they are wrinkled they can still buy things. I told him we should never throw money away. I hope he learns that lesson literally and figuratively before he has to manage more than a few dollars at a time. I know some grown ups who still throw money away. All in all another valuable lesson learned here in the Periwinkle house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. I laughed for a good 15 min. Who knows how many other wrinkled dollars did not meet Ryan's high standards.
Love Ya,
T.J.

Joan S. said...

I laughed, too, but you can see why it makes sense to him. After all, paper goes in the trash when it gets wrinkled, stickers too. Why not dollars?

One Tweet Thing said...

Tell Ryan that he can recycle the wrinkled bills to you. :)