I've been working on my new look for the new blogger. I'm not sure how I like it yet. My only experience with HTML was experimenting with the old blogger until I got it to do what I wanted. So this new widget stuff is just something else to figure out. It's supposed to be easier, but I want to tweak stuff that is not in the easy to change tabbed sections. So I have to go into HTML and figure out how to do it. It's taken a while, but I think I like what I have so far. The biggest thing I don't like is that my tickers for the kids don't fit neatly across in the template, so the looked silly taking up so much room on the top. I relegated them to the bottom of the page for now, but I want to figure out a better solution for them.
Oh and I like the new spell check format even though the suggestions still leave quite a bit to be desired.



5 comments:
So far, I like the new look. I think I prefer the tickers at the top, though.
I like that you can stick a picture in the header...I'm going to have to see if I can do that!
You can't do it with the easy tabbed section. That was one of the tweaks I made. It took forever to figure out. Basically I deleted the header part they had. Copied the HTML code for the footer and pasted it in the header section. Then I replaced all the 'footer' delineations with 'header'. I made the whole banner in Photoshop and uploaded it as an image.
Oh my. Maybe my techie husband will have to do it!
Now you know why my tickers are at the bottom! I like the new look but the templates are hard to work with, especially this one with the rounded corners. Argh. I like the widgets, though, overall.
Also, I love the picture in your header! So cool!
Post a Comment