Me thinks when you spend more money than you make your business is not such a good idea! I need some self control! I want everything I see. The good news is I've bought just about every tool there is, so I should start making more money because now all I need for myself is paper...oh, and stickers...and maybe some vellum titles. Well, it should still be a lot cheaper now:-) I'm loving this. I made some pages yesterday and it feels so good. It's fun and I feel accomplished. There is not too much concrete stuff I do as a stay-at-home mom that really makes me feel accomplished. I do the dishes and there are more five minutes later; laundry, well the clothes I'm wearing will have to go in even if I get to the bottom of the laundry mountain; pick up toys...yea right, that will last; make dinner, well at least people are fed for now...until they want dessert; vacuum...lunchtime, dinner time, snack time...did I really vacuum or was that in my imagination? Do you see where I'm going with this? Don't get me wrong because I LOVE staying home with my kids and over all I know it is an important thing to do. I love all the time I get to spend with them. I love taking them to gymnastics or the playground. I love doing projects with them. I love the "I love you"s I get all day. The thing I love about the scrapbooking is I can do something and there it is right there in front of me. It looks pretty or cute depending on what I've done and I can show it to people. It won't go away or get ruined within minutes (unless I leave it out for the kids to get into, but that's another story). It feels good and I enjoy the process of making the pages and I enjoy helping other people figure out what they want to do. I love that I can make my own schedule and my kids are always with daddy when they are not with me. I love to hear the stories of all the fun Jay had with them while I was gone. If this gets cheaper and less time consuming as I get more time under my belt I think everything will be good. I'm happy to have something to put my creative energy towards and something for me, something I think is important and meaningful.
***Don't forget to click on the pictures to enlarge them.***
Here is a spread I did of Easter a few weeks ago.
This one is from our trip to Belgium. Notice my parents being all lovey dovey under that bridge. Aren't they cute? Well I think it's cute now.

I did this spread for a workshop I'm planning on how to use papers in layouts. I have not done all the journaling yet because I can't remember the name of the place. Mom, do you?
PS I'm so excited! I got my shipment today and it has my new wavy cutting tool(technically the 12" decorative trimmer). I can't wait to use it. I think I'll be doing some more pages tonight after the kids go to bed.
4 comments:
Good for you! Truly, if you never make a dime from the business, those good feelings are worth it! I hope you continue to enjoy your endevour into the business world. Love you! Mom
I know exactly what you mean... I think this is why, after I make a few pages in one of the kids' books, I start from the beginning and flip through it over and over again. I feel like I actually got something DONE!
I'll work on remembering the name of that park...was it the one close to home or the one near the underground river?
Oh--was is Parc Paradisio? That was fairly close to our home, with animals and I think an aquarium, which Inever saw that day...
Looks awesome! And I'm jealous of your wavy cutter. :)
Post a Comment