Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Follow up

I knew Lily would remind me of more things she says before long. She says quite a bit during Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She tries to say Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse in the beginning. It's somewhat recognizable. She also told me she wanted to watch Mickey mouse Clubhouse the other day by sitting on the couch looking at the TV urgently and singing the theme song. It sounds something like "i ah i-ee Mou uh-ouse" but I knew what she was singing. She also says "cho" when Mickey says "Say 'Cheers!'"

Then there is "Ready, ready, GO!" It sounds just like the real words, but I don't know where she got it. It is pretty funny sometimes. It's a bit messy when she smashes her fruit on go, but it is cute.


As a follow up to Ryan wishing to die with his money I wanted to share another short story. When we got home Ryan wanted to get his chore money to give to Jesus(that's what we call it when he tithes- which is completely voluntary on his part in case you were thinking we tortured him into it) Since we had just gotten home the night before and he asked as we were going out the door we didn't have time to do it. He made sure to make a pint that he was NOT going to give the money Grandma gave him to Jesus and that he still wanted to "die up to heaven" with it. So I asked him and he confirmed my suspicion that the money he got from Grandma was special because Grandma gave it to him. Ohhhhhhhhhhh. It makes much more sense now. Anyway, later that day Jay took the boys to the grocery store. This is not something that really ever happens, so I guess Ryan thought it was pretty special. When they were getting ready to go to the store Ryan said, "Wait! I need to go get my special money. I want to help pay for the food with it." So he did. His 9 cent contribution is clearly stated as "$0.09 cash" on the receipt. I'm starting to think he might just get it after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. That is the sweetest thing I have heard all day. (Ryan and the money.)

I, too, have heard Lily sing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song. It is adorable!

Erin said...

That is the cutest thing EVER. (all of it, but especially Ryan's 9 cent contribution.) I hope you are going to save that receipt and put it in his scrapbook! :)

Claire said...

It's funny how they see things, isn't it? He's such a sweet guy. I'm sure you and Jay are doing a fantastic job with him.