Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Long Time Comin'

I knew it had been a long time since I posted pictures of the progress on our house, but I didn't realize until I looked to see what I last posted that it has been since July! Sorry for those following along. Honestly for awhile it seemed like things were stalled. I felt like they were never going to finish for a couple weeks. They were mostly working on the closet I asked them to build for about 2 weeks. The shelves are all built now and I finally got to move the toys in. I LOVE it. This closet is like an answer to my prayers. One central place to keep our toys close to where we will spend most of our time(the new family room). It also creates a bit of a foyer in the front of the house which I like.

Some of these pictures are recap since I have been taking pictures all along, but I did get to posting them.


This is the view from the front door now. Matt put up a really thin drywall to cover the textured ceiling as a surprise for me when I came back from my mom's house because he knew I didn't like them. You'll see the texture if you look at the ceiling of the closet.

This is the hallway to the garage you can see goes off to the left from the entryway.

These are the cubbies Matt suggested. One for each kid.
This is the closet, the second area you see of to the side of the entryway.


Here is the left side of the family room with insulation. See the boards on the wall? Those are in case Jay ever wants to mount a TV there.


This is the other side of the family room.

This is the closet in our bedroom.

Here is the bathroom.

The closet is on the left and the bathroom on the right.

You can't see the roof from our bedroom anymore:-) See that little board over the door? That is where our new plasma TV will be mounted. You can guess whose idea that was. This from the man who made me get rid of the TV I had in my room when we got married.

Jay is installing surround sound before they put up the drywall.

The kids watched him.

Ryan helped.

Lily tried to help, but really she just picked up whatever tools where laying around and handed them to daddy.

This installing hidden wires is serious business.

Lily finally got to really help:-)

Here is the best part of the week...I got to put stuff in the closet! Do you know how much space that stuff has been taking up in my living room?!

Little kid toys on the bottom, then bigger kid toys and finally stuff that could cause a problem for a toddler(small parts, etc.)

We have a few games too;-)

Tomorrow they start the drywall!!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The vanity and medicine cabinets came today. It feels like things are really coming together. I can't wait to see what happens this week!
To those who are coming to the party this weekend...don't worry I've been promised that the family room will be available for Saturday.

No comments: