Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2007

Words

Things Lily says...

"Sa!" it means "thanks" or "Thank you" even though it doesn't sound like it.
She says it every time you give her something.

"MA!" Has a couple different meanings. It could mean "Pick me up!"(it doesn't have to be me which is a little strange) or "Pay attention to me woman!"

"Mama" I think you can figure this one out.

"Dada" or "Dadeee" another easy one to guess

"Wan dat" means "May I please have that?" Yeah, we're still working on the manners.
It can also mean "Do you want this?"

One, two, three and eight

"a", "o"

"Istu" - It's stuck

"Wasda?" -What's that?

"Ah da"- All done.

"moo", "baa", "ah-a-oodle-oo", "foo"- woof

"Dye" or "dye-dye" usually accompanied by a wave, otherwise it might get me some strange looks= bye-bye

"hi" or "hewo"- big favorites repeated many times.

There is the ever popular "No!" and she has added "uh-uh"

"da" can mean a million and one things. One of the most popular meanings is "I'm stuck in my room because I've closed the door. Please come help me."

I think yiya is Ryan, but I'm not 100% on that one.

Recognizable songs (or at least the first line or so of the song so you know what she wants you to sing)...

"abcdefg...." you sing the rest with her making some sounds... and the grand finale "nah ah na ma abc ahahahahahah"

"Jesu ah me da da oh"- Jesus loves me this I know

Row, row, row your boat. -At this moment I can't think of her sounds, but I knew when she was singing it. She did this one in the pool at Grandma's a lot.


I'm sure I've forgotten some and of course there is a LOT of babbling that means something to her, but I'm not quite up on the lingo yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with this picture?...I tell you what is wrong I don't see a word for Uncle T.J. Something has to be done about this right away.
Love
T.J.

Periwinkle Jen said...

I trust you will be able to give her lessons soon:-)

Anonymous said...

She doesn't say anything recognizable as 'Grandma' or 'Grandpa'yet, either. But she will. She's VERY smart!