Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Out of Touch

Now that Ryan is older and doesn't really demand quite as much close 24/7 attention I'm beginning to realize some things. For one thing I have no idea what's going on with my old friends. You know the ones you don't see a lot, but you were really close at one time. Since when I started my adult life I moved to another state I have several of those. Three of my friends are getting married. I have not even met 2 of their fiances. I found out about two of the weddings from a friend. It's very sad to me because these people really meant something to me and I have totally lost touch. I guess it's partly because of getting married and not knowing how to balance spending time with my new hubby and keeping in touch with old friends and partly due to Ryan's birth and babyhood taking so much focus. I'm just feeling a little sad and out of the loop with everyone and I'm not sure how to get back into the loop:-(

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm beginning to understand how you feel. I recently reconnected with my old college roommate. We hadn't spoken in years and then I just started writing emails and now we are as close as ever. We both have babies and husbands now and that makes it easier because we have so much in common.

P.S. I hope you and Ryan are doing okay after his ER visit!

Periwinkle Jen said...

The ER visit was a while ago. We are fine. Well at least he is...I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through 18 more years of ER visits!

One Tweet Thing said...

Don't feel badly about it. I think everyone loses touch and regains it back over time and then loses it again.

I have been making a effort to consider Sundays my chatting days. I try to call someone every Sunday that I haven't spoken to in a while. And of course the blog really helps keeping in touch. Look at the two of us -you know everything I did yesterday. Two years ago you probably didn't know anything that would have happened to me in the last 6 months.