Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

To Believe or Not to Believe?

I went out shopping today. It started out so well. I was all ready to come home and brag on the whole human race! It was raining and most of the carts were wet. So I got one from one of the cart ports. It wasn't easy to keep Ryan dry with the umbrella and push the cart up to the overhang to put him in. Then I discovered the cart was bent. This very nice older gentleman offered to help. When he saw Ryan wouldn't be able to sit in the cart he started to offer his cart, but it was wet. So he went all the way over to the cart port and got another one for me! He was so nice about it too. I saw him in the store again and he tried to help me lift a heavy box of paper, but I, being the stubborn self sufficient person that I am, told him I could handle it. I did thank him for the offer though. Then the cashier told me I could just leave all the big boxes in the cart. I know that's not as big a deal, but it was still nice of her. Just after I finished loading the BJ's size order in my car a lady came up and offered to take my cart back up to the store. Let me tell you when you have a baby(especially in the rain) that is a HUGE help. Then I went to Target where, like RBelle, I did not have a great experience. I had to return a pair of pants that were never worn. I washed them once and the seam got a big hole at the waistband. I get up to customer service(after waiting in line for several minutes) and explain the situation. The girl tells me to go get a pair of pants like them because she needs to scan a pair. What?! I need to go get the pants? How is that right? It's their defective merchandise! Without complaint I go and get the pants. I've worked retail and I know how hard it can be. I go get pants like the ones I bought and bring them back up to the front. Wait in line again. Get to the register again, but the girl who was "helping" me is gone. I realize I got the wrong pair of pants(I got two pairs of chinos for him the same day).
I quickly explain I need to go back and get the right pair. As I'm walking away the new cashier says "These have been washed." in an almost disgusted tone as if I were trying to return them under false pretenses. I say, "Yes I know. They were never worn, I washed them once and they got a big hole." I continue back to get the right pair of pants. I return with the right pair, wait in line *again* and get to the next new cashier. I explain again and she returns them no problem. Finally! This put a damper on the rest of my trip to Target:-( This is no one's fault, but they didn't have what I went there to get either. I wanted to get Ryan one of the cute little sofas I had seen there before Christmas, but all they had left was Spiderman<--not cute! I wanted Pooh or Tigger, I would even settle for the fruity looking purple Wiggles one. Sadness. Oh well, I guess I'll be ordering it from the internet. I hope it ships fast. I really want it now. Well, my faith in humanity was restored when I was driving home. The country station I listen to plays the National Anthem at noon every day. Since Ryan goes down for his nap at noon I don't often get to hear it. Today it reminded me of our troops, their sacrifices and the support people over here give eachi in their own way. Some people have yellow ribbons on their cars, some write and sing songs, radio stations play the National Anthem, people who adopt a soldier they don't even know and so many other ways. I am proud to be an American and I hope you are too.


1 comment:

RB said...

Ack! I think Target has the worst return policy situation ever. I have had many wars with them over this.