Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 27, 2005

I love old movies!

They made such heartwarming movies back in the 50s. Pure and simple, no graphic love scenes, but the simplest kiss gives me goosebumps. A whole movie could lead up to one simple kiss and that kiss is more magical than all the graphic love scenes you could watch in more recent movies.

"Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in love..."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you--some of the classics will never get 'old.' For some reason, I love the Judy Garland/Mickey Rooney 'Let's put on a show!' movies. So much fun.

One Tweet Thing said...

I agree with the sentiment, but have to disagree with the Tammy movies. I really hate them. Can't say why.

But I love old movies. One year for my birthday Dave got me a whole collection of them. :)

Periwinkle Jen said...

I can see why someone might think the Tamy movies are a bit cheesy. I've only seen two myself and I find them charming and sweet, but not too complicated. Sometimes I need that in a movie. To each her own I guess. I've never gotten the appeal of Gone with the Wind and some other mega classics, but I know some people love them.

Mari said...

Ooohhh...I watched that one a few months ago while catching up on laundry. My personal favorites were the Doris Day/Rock Hudson ones and Hepburn/Tracy comedies. I'm so glad to know that there are people in our generation who like the ones BEFORE our time.

Mari said...

Did you ever see:
That Touch of Mink
Please Don't Eat the Daisies
Lover Come Back
Pillow Talk
Adam's Rib
Desk Set
Pat and Mike

I could watch those OVER and OVER!

Periwinkle Jen said...

That Touch of Mink and Please Don't Eat the Dasies- Yes, both very cute.
Pillow Talk- parts
The rest I don't think I've heard of.

My personal favorites are Cary Grant and Gene Kelly movies. I also like the Road movies(Bing Crosby and Bob Hope). Judy Garland made some great ones. I like Debbie Reynolds a lot, too. Each one of these people has a list of movies that I love, so it's easier to list the stars.

Mari said...

I am SO going to rent a few old faves now!