Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Nothin' much

I don't really have anything to post about, but I didn't want the posting Nazis coming after me telling me to update ;-)

So I'll ask a question...What are you doing for Father's day?

Okay I have more questions...
Does anyone else think that Father's Day doesn't seem to get the same attention Mother's Day gets? If so- why do you think that is? I have a couple theories of my own, but I want to hear other people's thoughts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are going to a pool party... I'm making my dad bread pudding (his favorite).

Still pondering your father's day observation and why that might be... but I think you are right.

One Tweet Thing said...

Probably because Dad's are harder to buy presents for.

Or our misogynist society doesn't believe that fatherhood is much more than just bringing home a paycheck - which would make Father's Day sort of like Boss's Day. (just kidding about this btw)

But, on the other hand, I got my dad the best present this year while my mum only got a card - late at that.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Your mum? Did you take some sort of semester over seas that I didn't know about? or is this another one of your change your accent because you think it's cool things? ;-)

The first thing you said about being hard to buy for is one of my theories. The things that are really big for Mother's Day-flowers and such- are not very appealing to men.

Anonymous said...

The tickets haven't been bought, yet, but I am planningto fly North for Father's Day and attend the family gathering at my sister's house.

Father's Day doesn't seem to get as much attention as Mother's Day, (depending on the family) and there are as many reasons for that as there are families. My theory is that the father of the family often puts Mom up on a pedestal and that 'respect' (for lack of a better word)is transferred to the children. And yes, Dads ARE harder to buy presents for - they buy their own all during the year!

Periwinkle Jen said...

Mom- LOL, Dad really doesn't leave us much room for getting him things he wants, does he?! How long are you planning on staying?