Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 13, 2005

Thank God for Big Strong Men!

I just spent the past two hours cutting our very over grown lawn. That's hard work! It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but it was. I'm so glad Jay(my very own big strong man) normally does it. Now before you feminists start going buck on me you should know that part of me is all, "Mommy Power!!!", but the other part of me is definitely super glad to have a husband that does these things for me. My mommy power side is very proud of me for cutting all that grass(front and back), cleaning off the blades when the mower stalled(I told you it was overgrown!), doing it all during nap time and all by myself! The rest of me is just tired and glad I don't have to do this every week. Almost all of me is screaming for a cool shower...the last little bit of me wants a bath so I can sit down.
If there is still a feminist out there thinking I am taking a giant step backward for being glad men are made the way they are... Well, you can come cut my grass for me next time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a stronger woman than I! Our lawn could be six feet high and I would NOT touch that lawn mower. No WAY, no how. You are woman, hear you roar! I, on the otherhand, am a big sissy.

Anonymous said...

Does it make you appreciate FATHER'S any more? Remember that lawn on Bayberry? Dad used to do that one with a pushmower. It took him four hours. Then when he got the riding mower, he did the elderly lady next foor's lawn, too! There was even a point when the single woman on the other side was on crutches, and he did all three! He really is something...Love you,

Periwinkle Jen said...

I said big strong men...dad would be included. I also plan on putting Zachary to work as soon as he is old enough!
That yard was big. I had forgotten that dad did it with a push mower. He has never been afraid of hard work!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I loved the comment about the last little bit of you wanting a bath so you can sit down. There IS a bit of me in there! ::smile::

RB said...

Are you kidding me? Feminists? What the heck? Listen, Mr. Belle has been out of town so I PAID people to come to do the lawn. I won't even do it myself. Thats how feminist I am.