---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wondering About...FAVORITE THINGS What are the things that you consider special? A teddy bear that you've had since you were three years old? A pair of shoes that make you look fabulous? A ring that a lover gave you? Whatever it is that you hold dear...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here are some of the things that mean a lot to me. I, like Erin, assign sentimental value to things very easily. I have old ticket stubs from ball games, concerts and movies. I have my parking pass from high school and college, every card anyone has ever given me, notes, park maps, wedding programs, play bills, childhood toys and stuffed animals...I could go on and on and on. I like to save things so I can remember moments or because I feel bad about throwing it out because I feel like it means something. I have quite a collection of stuff- most of it is packed in boxes that will probably never be gone through again. [Be QUIET, Jay!] I will share some of the things that are really easy to get to.
Two of my favorite things


I guess this one is a given- it's a picture of Jay reading to Ryan last night.
Jay teaching the boys the finer points of football during a play-off game.


Here is one will all my boys.
shelf


These things are actually out on my shelf. From Left to right- a pottery piece I did in high school, it's a self portrait of sorts; a mug with Gene Kelly and some other things from the 50's, this is because Gene Kelly is one of my favorite actors; a 25th anniversary bell from Disney World, from one of the trips I took to one of my favorite places; another piece I made in high school pottery, it's a bell- a dog going down a hill after his bone with a trellis over top for the handle; and a Singin' in the Rain plate my parents gave me because they know it's one of my favorite movies.
flowers


These are all dried flowers I've kept from special events- The bouquet on the left is from Erin's wedding actually. The single rose is from Jay, one day when we were dating and we wouldn't be able to see each other because I had a dinner or something Jay came by my house and left it on my pillow with a nice note:-) The red roses are the ones Jay gave me on our first fancy date. The white roses were the last clue in the scavenger hunt he set up on Christmas Eve that lead to my engagement ring:-) I have my wedding flowers too, but white sweet peas don't look very pretty dried. The basket is the one Erin used for the wedding shower favors she made for us. I still have some of those too.
old and new


Another shelf in my room. Has a wedding cake topper, an embroidered cloth that I think was my mom's, a little figurine my mom-mom gave me and a picture my Aunt Renee gave me from our wedding.
wedding dress


My wedding gown. 3 years and it still isn't preserved. I think this is actually the first time I've had it out of the bag since my wedding! It's been hanging in my closet ever since. I really do need to have it cleaned- we had an outdoor wedding.
graduation gowns


Both high school and college graduation gowns, again in the closet.
prom dress


Prom dress also still hangs in my closet.
special dolls


My 'My Child' doll, who is coincidentally names Carolyn Jennifer and was born on April 18th. I still have her baby book to prove it. These are the dolls you can order to look like you with specialized eye color, skin color, hair color etc. I loved this doll when I was a kid. There is an afghan my mom-mom crocheted for me when I was a baby that I then used for my dolls. On the right is a doll dressed in a Christening gown with a white blanket all made by my mom-mom. I still have an afghan my grandma quilted for me when I was a baby too. It is in a box right now, but I love it too. Ryan has a few afghans crocheted by my mom-mom and some blankets quilted by my grandma too, but this post would get REALLY long if I included the special things I am saving for Ryan.
'my friend' dolls


'My Friend Jenny' and 'My Friend Becky' no one else seems to remember these dolls, but they were two of my favorites.
dog tag


This is Marbles's dog tag. She is the dog I had from the time I was a kid until after I graduated college. She was a great dog. I keep her tag on my key chain.
Joshua


This is not mine at all, but I'm putting it here so Jay won't give me such a hard time about all the stuff I keep. It's his bear from when his sister was born.
Carry it on with pictures of your own and don't forget to leave a comment to tell me you did:-)



4 comments:
I love your list! I think you may be as bad as I am about keeping things! Yay! ;)
I love your list, too. Dad was surprise and touched to learn you have Marbles' tag on your keychain. I don't think he knows you have her COLLAR, too! I agree with you that these things are important to you and help keep cherished memories alive. However, your closet would be a lot roomier if you took your wedding gown and graduation gowns out of there! (My wedding gown is still with my clothes, too. It actually lived in my closet in Belgium for four years. We wo't discuss the goodies your Dad keeps. You come by this honestly.)
I just told Erin I'm going to do this, too... but I loved the pic of your boys. So cute!! And your wedding dress is very lovely. I like your taste. Simple but very pretty!! :-)
Mrs. Flinger- Thanks:-) Simple and elegant was definitly my goal for my wedding gown. I remember having a hard time finding a dress without too many sequins and beads.
I can't wait to see your list!
Post a Comment