Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 30, 2005

Classics Never Die

Zach and his friends are outside playing hide and seek. I was looking out the window, watching Zach's friend chase him across the yard, thinking back fondly on the games of hide and seek I played as a child. Just as the smile broke out on my face and I started to think, 'Hey, these kids aren't that different from me and my friends when we were young.' I was proven all too right when I heard the chorus of 'Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah' break out. Of course *I* would never utter such foul words. No, I was more a fan of "Nanny, nanny, boo-boo." In all seriousness how do these nonsensical "sayings" get from one generation to the next?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Mine went more like "Nanny Nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo heiny heiny hoo hoo" But, to each his own. ;)

Anonymous said...

O-kaaaaaaaaay. Well, I'm ever so glad you've all matured beyond that.

My guess as to how it gets passed on: the kids hear it and repeat it, as children often do. Not nessarily from their parents...but watch your mouths, anyway. ;)