Friday, April 21, 2006
Nothing to Wear
I'm getting tired of my extremely limited wardrobe. I was all excited when I fit back into my non-pregnancy pants. Then reality sunk in and I realized it was a fluke. Only some of my pants fit and they were a tight squeeze. I really have not shrunk all that much since then. So now I have about 3 pairs of non-sweat pants that fit. They are not as tight now, but I can't even get the other pairs past my hips. Don't even get me started on the shirts. Let's just say if it isn't stretchy it's not fitting over the baby feeders. Thus I am in a conundrum. Do I buy bigger clothes? Can I afford to buy clothes that I might only wear for a month? Will I ever be my old size again? If not when will I know because this 'It's just baby weight' thing could go on for quite a while. I really don't want to keep a bunch of clothes I'll never fit into again and take up space I could use for my new 'I'm a mommy now' wardrobe. I'm still holding out hope to fit into my old clothes, but when should I realistically expect that I have reached the weight I will be for a while? In the mean time to I just do wash every day because this baby doesn't seem to think an outfit is complete without at least a little bit of spitup?



3 comments:
Just emailed you!
Isn't it just awful? I feel quite lucky that my hips have miraculously shrunk so as to allow my old jeans to fit, after much tugging and sucking in when I put them on each morning. I am running around town wearing my old shirts, too, because my boobs, while giant from nursing, are giant for me, which means normal-sized for everyone else. However, my gut keeps spilling out over the top of my jeans, and it looks pretty gross. If I had any tact at all I might care, but I am just so happy to have things to WEAR...
Oh, that's tough. I never shed the last bit of baby weight until after weaning. That meant for the duration of nursing, I would not fit into my old clothes well (or at all). I do like the idea that it takes almost 10 months to put on the weight and so plan on that for the loss. Granted, with the lack of sleep and time, it's easy to reach for convenience foods which might keep from losing the last pounds, too. That and no time for exercise for me, at least.
My personal take: Buy a couple of shirts if you plan on nursing for a while, and maybe 2 more pairs of pants/shorts. You can find some key items on sale that go with lots of clothes, and I'm sure you ARE doing laundry enough now with three kids that you can cycle those items through regularly. You might have a great consignment shop where you can take some items you no longer want and use the store credit to buy a couple of jeans or khakis...I know you're creative!
Post a Comment