This is where the guys left it at lunch time today. I know it's lunch time because they stayed here to eat today;-) Ryan chatted them up for a while when they were done. They told him the same thing every other construction guy has told him...Stay in school you don't want to do this for a living. Interestingly I always thought construction workers liked their jobs.
This is the left bedroom wall.

This will be our bathroom

Just past the bathroom if you can make it out through all the craziness is going to be
my our walk in closet. I'm very excited about it, I've never had one before.
They are back at work now, so hopefully I'll have more to show you this afternoon!
Update:
Due to a sudden and torrential lightning storm all work stopped shortly after lunch. So there is not too much more to show, but you can see the roof line now. So it goes, so it goes.
4 comments:
Is that a 'bump-out' I see on the top level? How far out did they go?
Okay, HOW jealous am I of your walkin closet and what appears to be a ginormous bathroom?!?!?
I can't wait to see this all finished! :)
Mom- It is a "bump out" or as the pros call it a cantilever. It goes out 2 feet. The reason we did it is because there was a mistake on the measurements in our blueprints. They measured 2 feet that were not there from side to side, so in order to not lose space in the bathroom (which Jay wanted to keep at the original size) and not lose space on the bedroom (which I didn't want to give up) I came up with the idea of doing the bump out. It didn't make the permit invalid because it doesn't change the footprint of the building, so it seemed like a good solution to me. They had to change some framing plans (not too much though) and we might have to rearrange the bathroom because it is now a few inches narrower, but longer. I'm very happy to have kept those 2 feet though.
Erin-You should talk to Jay. I do not think he is satisfied with the size of the bathroom. He wants me to shrink my closet to get more room in there!
Oh, and I can't wait to see it all finished either!
Post a Comment