The roofer's helper got sick Friday, so he called someone else to see if he could help out on our house. He said he would, but he didn't. His excuse was not as good. He was still drunk when our guy went to pick him up in the morning. So the roofer came all by himself and did the work alone. It's a quality guy that will come out and work on your house on a Saturday when he doesn't have the optimum conditions and still do a good job.
Jay and I took the kids to the carpet store(big mistake) to try to pick out our flooring. We got some samples, but we totally blew our budget. We didn't even see any carpet in our budget. I think we'll have to go back when we don't have any distractions and look for the "budget" rack;-) We did find the most gorgeous manufactured hardwoods that we should be able to retrofit into our kitchen!
So now the big blue tarp is gone and it looks pretty cool. We've picked out most of what we need to order for the inside. We are chuggin' along. Some exciting stuff should happen this week. I don't want to get ahead of myself, so I won't go into it now, but stay tuned!



2 comments:
One of my earliest memories is of going to a carpet store with my parents, and climbing around on all the rolls of carpeting. Good luck with finding something that works for you. The addition looks great.
I think that I like excuse number 2. being drunk is a great reason to not go to work.
house looks good can't wait to come check it out.
Love,
T.J.
Post a Comment