Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Two Day Catch Up

I told you exciting things were going to happen this week, but even I didn't know how exciting it would get yesterday. We had yet another ferocious thunderstorm. It happened in one place in the whole state and it was right over our house! This time they were done work for the day, so it didn't affect them, but the rain pouring into our house freaked me out a little bit. [I should note here that the rain is coming in because of the termite damage in addition to the fact that we have no siding and the gutters are not in yet.] Luckily nothing got ruined that we weren't intending on replacing anyway(ie the downstairs carpet). The roofer was back today, so I'm hoping the state parks association won't have to come by and declare the waterfall in our family room a no build zone or anything.
Now maybe you understand why there was no update yesterday. I was a little busy gathering all the old towels and stuffing them places to try to stop the carnage. Then of course there was the clean up so said towels didn't cause mold.

Without further ado I give you pictures from yesterday...

Here the boys watch as they take out the slider and wall between our house and the addition.

Disappointed boys arrive to find the whole in mommy and daddy's room covered up.

The window from the hole in our bedroom.

TODAY-
Today was crazy busy for me. I had two appointments the morning and three kids. I saw the window truck arrive as I left and when I returned home we had windows!


I went up to check out our room and found holes. Not one, but two holes letting in all the hot air. Thank goodness the doors were both closed keeping that hot air mostly separate from the rest of the house's air. It was also good that we were out of the house because it was pretty warm even with the doors closed.



All the windows in the addition were in, so the only one left was the bedroom.
I also found this very pleasant surprise. It's our shower stall! I didn't know they were going to build it so soon.

The overall view of the house today with windows!

The bedroom window is now in and the guys are packing up. I have yet to take the end of day pictures.
Evening update:
Matt, our contractor, went around and filled all the potential leaky places with some sort of yellow goop. Let's hope the works, at least for now. They also fixed all the termite damage they could get to without causing more problems. They "sistered" another board next to the old one. The framers are finished for now. They will be back to put in the back door and later to put in a couple windows and a slider in the existing part of the house. That way we can move some of the stuff down into the addition and make room for them to move.
We are getting squeezed pretty tight now. We have to make room in the garage so they can put a furnace for the addition, we have to clear space in the basement for the electrician and the new furnace down there and now we have to clean out our closet so they can build a bigger closet for the washer and dryer and hopefully the new wall. The new wall will divide our old room into a hallway and a smaller room that will be Lily's. I don't know where we are going to put all our stuff! I guess I'd better start figuring it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice site Jen. I can't wait to see each day now...

Anonymous said...

Man, you really are busy! I hope you have figured out what to do with everything, because unfortunately, I have NO suggstions! Let me know if you want to borrow Dad's truck to move anything to a storage facility.

Good luck with the water and the termite damage...

Love you.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Hi Matt...I'm guessing the anonymous poster was you. I guess I'd better watch what I say, huh;-)

-Jen

Claire said...

I can't believe how big it is. Your addition is, like, the size of my whole house, I swear! It looks like it is going to be amazing.