Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 13, 2007

What's Happened Today

The whole skeleton seems to be in place though I am a layman, so I could be wrong.This is a view of our room from the bathroom door.

Here is the bathroom and Ryan checking out the day's progress.

Here is the closet. Jay thinks it's too big. He is not the one who has basically had to move out of our current closet to make room for the other person's suits. I won't name any names, but I think we all know the girl is supposed to have most of the closet. He will love it when I get all the shelves and organizers in there for our shoes, hats, ties, belts, etc. Plus he won't have to get dressed in the dark anymore because he'll be able to close the door and turn on the light!



Here you can see the current roof under the new one. It's kind of weird. It does make me think of what a cool attic space we could have if they cut it out. You know like those ones they always show on tv with the rocker and the antique trunk of grandma's old stuff. For us that will just be dead space though. I'm cool with that, but I've always liked the mystique of those old attics. You might be able to see that they still need to cut the overhang of the current roof off and place studs up to the ceiling here and over the bathroom and closet areas.

It is shaping up nicely and it's starting to seem very real. Of course I've been dreaming up ideas for the new space forever, but now I really feel like this is going to happen. I think when the drywall goes up it will really start to feel like a room. I imagine the siding going up will make it feel like it is really part of our house. Right now it's kind of like a new engagement ring. It involves lots of promise and excitement, but it doesn't totally feel like a part of our lives yet.

8 comments:

Katie said...

There is no such thing as a closet that is too big!

Anonymous said...

Love the engagement ring comparison--very apt. You're so clever!
And Katie is right--I think you are both going to be surprised at how quickly that closet fills up!

Judy said...

Did you climb out the window to take those pics?

Periwinkle Jen said...

I did. Yesterday I climbed up the ladder, but Jay was there to watch the kids. The ladder was a better idea. The window kind of hurt.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't realize that! Maybe you should have lifted Ryan through the window and let him take the photos!

Erin said...

Wow, that is so cool. I love the pictures of Ryan poking his head through the window!

Periwinkle Jen said...

Some how handing my $800 camera over to my 3 year old to take pictures seems way worse to me that dealing with a little leg bruising. I don't think there are any actual bruises, but it did hurt for a few minutes. It was only because i didn't plan ahead for a way to boost myself back up.

RB said...

I'm with you on that choice! I was about to comment that the clarity of the photos is excellent!