Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday Ryan!

I should have written something this morning, but the day has just been so busy. We started with breakfast at Panera. When we got to the parking lot Ryan said, "I don't think I'm going to like this place." He had wanted to go somewhere where they had chicken nuggets for breakfast. After he ate his chocolate chip muffie (aka- muffin top, I guess someone at Panera watched Seinfeld back in the day)I asked if he liked the place and got an enthusiastic head shake with a big chocolaty grin. When we got home we played in the front yard for a while. Then he watched Toy Story with Grandma while I went to the store to tie up some loose ends for his party Saturday. While I was at the party store I picked up a balloon bouquet for today. He shared one of his balloons with Lily and I think it made her week. She grinned and giggled and played with that balloon most of the day. Ryan also played with his balloons. Most of his games ended with a big thud as he landed on the floor after jumping off some makeshift apparatus to grab the ribbons. Jay's family and my mom all came for dinner and cake. Elizabee came more for the ice cream than any of that stuff, but they all came for Ryan and he thought that was special. He also got calls from Uncle TJ and Grandpa(aka my brother and dad) who couldn't be here. That was pretty cool too. Unfortunately for Grandpa he called right in the middle of a very cool Lego project Ryan was working on with Uncle Ben. He did talk to Grandpa for a few minutes and he told him some stuff about his day, but his attention could only be held away from that space ship for so long. Sorry, Dad, if it felt like an abrupt end to your conversation. He does that sometimes. It was really special to have the family that could come to celebrate and though Ryan doesn't fully get how much that means it does mean a lot and some day he will look back and it will mean a whole lot more. Thanks to everyone who made Ryan's day special. I love to see my boy smile the way he did today.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to Ryan!!
See you soon!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Happy Birthday, Ryan! You made it, Jen!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! :)

One Tweet Thing said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Claire said...

Happy birthday, Ryan!!!!