Monday, August 27, 2007
Pilates
I'm thinking of signing up for a Pilates class at the local community college. I'm trying to be proactive in getting rid of this second baby muffin top that seems to have taken up residence in my middle. I'm a little worried about it because I don't know anything about Pilates except what I've read about it's origins on the Internet. I wonder if I'll be able to do it. I kind of wish I knew someone who would do it with me. I asked one friend, but she can't do it right now. She did say keep her in mind for next year. Almost all of the other women I think might be interested already belong to gyms. Why would they want to pay for a class? I have one more person to ask before I give up. Don't worry Erin, it's not you;-) If I don't find someone to go with I'm afraid I will lose the will to go. Sad, but true. I need accountability.



4 comments:
Well geez, ya didn't even ask. ;) What time/day of the week is it? You never know! :P
I figured you wouldn't be interested in coming up here every week. Though it might be a nice planned kid-free time that we can actually talk and stuff! I'll call you with the details if you are interested.
if we lived closer, I would go. I've been wanting to do Pilates and we do not belong to Globo-gym like everyone else around us.
I did Pilates in college. Its awesome, you feel so strong and flexible after you get good at it.
However, their are a lot of crappy teachers out there. My first teacher was really good, and she gave us two tips to tell if the instructor was good.
1 - they force you to wear form-fitting clothes. Pilates is very easy to do wrong, because the exercises are easy if you don't hold your stomach in the correct way (and, in my case, my shoulders). The instructor can't tell if you are doing that if you are wearing a baggy sweatshirt. Dave was doing my pilates tape for a couple of weeks before I sat him down and actually explained how the exercises were supposed to go - he was very surprised at the difference.
2 - Constant talking about breathing and ab position.
Good luck - you'll love it!
Post a Comment