Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2007

Point and Speak

Saturday Lily pointed to her nose and said, "No-s". I congratulated her on her unprompted accomplishment and she beamed. She immediately pointed to her teeth and said, "Teesh". I guess she figured she was on a roll because she pointed to my toe and said, "too" and then my flip flop became a "schoooo". She has been going a little crazy with the new words. I was feeling all proud until the neighbor came to the bus stop this morning with her baby girl that is 3 months younger than Lily and she pointed to Lily and clear as day said, "Baby!" Her words were very clear and apparently she has lots of them. I guess Lily was talking 3 months ago. It just seems like such a new thing. I know I shouldn't compare and I know Lily is smart. For a moment though, just for a moment I thought she *might* not be the smartest baby in the world. Then I came to my senses and realized I was just over reacting;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right--no point in comparing. Each child progresses at their own pace. Lily IS smart and will continue to amaze you with her brilliance.

Erin said...

Lilly's already saying more words than Avery. And they're only weeks apart! Lilly will be talking in sentences before you know it. :)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Woohoo! Isn't it awesome? I love those little Mommy A-HA moments when we realize they're saying something we actually recognize as English!