He climbs to the top and perches there. If I remove him I am subject to screams of horror and discontent. If I let him do it I nearly have a heart attack at the least little mis-step. He seems to be just fine up there and the toy hasn't shown any signs of tipping over. It's just a little nerve racking for me.
Oh boy!
So, what do I do with this little adventurer? My parents let me climb behind water falls, climb up mountains, flip into pools, play neighborhood baseball and football(without protective gear), hang glide and countless other dangerous activities and I'm still here and well. How did they do it?! I'm going crazy here and my kid is only a foot and a half off the ground! Maybe I should just loosen up and reserve a spot at the local ER .



4 comments:
Mr. Belle and I went by Myrtle Waves water park today. I remember going there and LOVING it as a kid. I took ONE look at those rides and stairs and said "No way babybeaux is getting near that. Ever. Even in college." Mr. Belle thought this was amusing, but I wasn't kidding!
I didn't mean that. I'm glad you let me do those things they were fun. It's more of an admiration for your ability to let us do those things because they were fun. You see I don't think I can overcome my protective instincts enough to let my child have fun.
I'll bring Benjamin over a lot to climb trees with Ryan so at least you won't have to sit alone in the emergency room.
We've added three more bruises to our collection just this morning!
RBelle- I see what you mean. I hadn't even thought of water parks!
It's amazing how much less adventurous I have become myself since having a baby. I'm not sure I'd even want to do some of those things anymore.
Erin- Yea! We can take our two little adventurers on lots of fun excursions! At least it's after holiday pictures. Ryan had a nice big bruise on cookie day. I'll have to show you my photo editor, I've hidden lots of bruises;-)
Post a Comment