Last night Jay mentioned how articulate Ryan is getting. It made me think about how well he is communicating now. He is growing up so fast. It seems to pass me by sometimes. I guess since I am around him so much of the time while he gradually gains skills that I just don't notice how amazing he is sometimes. He is communicating whole thoughts now. Full sentences. It really is amazing in less than two years he has gone from not being able to do anything but cry to speaking full sentences. Wow!
I think he has even decided his favorite color. I've noticed that he likes things that are yellow and orange. I kind of figured he was partial to those colors, but I was careful not to indicate my opinion to him. Today we were watching Blue's clues and Blue shared her favorite color, blue of course, and then asked about the viewer's favorite color. I looked at Ryan and said, "What's your favorite color?" Without hesitation he said, "Yellow." There was nothing yellow around to make him think of that color last or anything, so I think he really means it. Interesting. I totally didn't expect an answer. If I got one I expected him to repeat Blue or something. He understands so much!



2 comments:
So fun!
I noticed on the phone the other day that he is speaking MUCH much more than he was even when I visited just a few weeks ago. It really is fun to see the changes.
Post a Comment