Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 23, 2005

Gymnastics was AWESOME!

I'm so glad I signed Ryan up for his gymnastics class! It was awesome! They had great stuff to do there. The best thing about the class is that they are learning real skills. They are doing it in a fun way, but they are definitely learning gymnastics. They are jumping on the trampoline, hanging and swinging on uneven bars, touching toes to the bar, stretching and doing forward rolls. He is the youngest in his class. Most (I think all but one) of the other kids had already done a session. That was a bit daunting at first. The other kids seemed to be so advanced. The teacher reassured me that the skills were very individualized and Ryan would get there. Ryan did seem to be picking things up pretty quickly, so I felt better by the end of the class.
The teacher was really great. She has been at the same gymnastics center for 28 years and has 2 kids that have gone through the program. She was great with the kids and really understood when Ryan wasn't comfortable with her at first. By the middle of the class he was running up to her to do forward rolls with her because she didn't push, but was open when he approached her. By the end of class he even let her put him into a backward roll. He had so much fun. I had fun just watching him. I can't wait until next Thursday!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! I hope the rest of your classes go so well. Sounds like you both are enjoying it!

Erin R.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for great gymnastics teachers! Don't you wish photographers were as understanding? It really sounds like Ryan (and you) had a great time.

When does Zach have his class?

Love you.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Zach had his class Wednesday. They don't let parents watch until parent night, so I didn't really have anything to say. He seemed to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I figured at his age he doesn't need a parent to help, I was just wondering if he had been to his class, yet.

Glad he seemed to like it.

Love you!

Claire said...

Wow, that sounds really fun. Where do Ryan and Zach take gymnastics?

Mari said...

That sounds so great...I love it when the teacher understands kids. I'm glad you found a fun activity for you both to do.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Claire- Zach's is through our local rec counsel and Ryan's is at a local gym called Harford Gymnastics.

Mrs. Flinger said...

oh!! YEY!! I want to do this, too. I love that it was all caps AWESOME! YEY YEY YEY!!