A sign that my child may be watching too much Sesame Street... He narrates what he is doing as if he is explaining it to Dorothy.
For those of you without a child in the Sesame Street set- Dorothy is Elmo's fish. Elmo talks to Dorothy. In "Elmo's World" Dorothy is very curious about the things Elmo is thinking about that day. She often has questions of how "you" would do something. Different kids come in and show Dorothy how they do things, like put on shoes for example.
It has happened a couple times. Like this morning Ryan says, "See, Dorty, I buckle." Loosely translated this is, 'See Dorothy, this is how I buckle [myself in my booster chair].' "First, I..." as he pulls all the belts out and snaps them together. "See, Dorty, that's how I buckle."
How cute is that?! It makes me laugh out loud. The first time I realized what he was doing a couple days ago I was amazed. Toddler's minds work in such great ways!



8 comments:
Lol how cute! Amazing how quickly they pick up on those things! My little "Monster" started putting things under the couch cushions so she could pull them out like Loonette does on Big Comfy Couch!
OMG, that is SO cute. 'Dorty.' Hah! Adorable.
Oh, that is TOO funny. Isn't it amazing to find out how they perceive the world?
We are new to Sesame Street -- it took me about 3 episodes to realize Elmo's fish's name was not "Doggy"! Isaac gets such a big kick out of Elmo asking "the baby" how the baby would do things.
Adorable. He's such a cutie.
That is AWESOME! Coley loves Elmo and "Dorty" too. She has recently started watching Oobi, who doesn't use all the words in his sentences and drives me nuts. I hope she talks like Elmo and not Oobi!
Seriously, that is so adorable I want to cry for you! This is one of those moments you'll be glad you preserved on your blog. What a blessing you have in Ryan...and just think of your future moments with the little BellyBean...
BellyBean, that's cute!
ROFL. Jen, that's so cute.
BellyBean? You'll have to name him.her BB. Like we did with LimaBean! ROFL.. sweet!
Post a Comment