Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 05, 2005

I must be crazy

This morning Ryan was climbing out of his crib. He has never really tried this before. He often climbs in to get to his personal trampoline, but not out. Knowing he gets in by pulling and pushing himself up until he can get his head and upper body over the bar then crashes over, head first, into the mattress I decided letting him figure a way to climb out may not be wise. So I gave him step by step instructions on how to climb out of his crib. That's what my parenting magazines say to do, but I still feel a little bit crazy for teaching my child how to climb out of his crib.
Little did I know he would want to test his new found skills with the grocery cart(a little duh moment for me). So after insisting on the car cart (which sucks- btw) he decided to climb on it in every known fashion. He climbed in and out the doors, in the front window and/or into the riding basket every time I stopped the cart. Of course I saw most of his shenanigans and made sure he was safe. Then the boy scared me half to death. I was looking at some frozen foods and Ryan was sitting in the basket right in front of me. I decided what I wanted and opened the freezer for 5 seconds and as I backed out noticed the boy was STANDING BEHIND ME! I have no idea how he climbed down so fast and silently. I can only hope he used my safe climbing out of crib instructions. Oy, who thought shopping with a toddler could be harder than shopping with a baby?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, you inherited the 'teach them to do dangerous things' gene from your father! Gah!

;)

(Love you)

Erin said...

Ha! I'm waiting for the day. Callie is adventurous, but not like that-YET. She scares me when she leans over the handle of the shopping cart and almost falls out head first. I'm glad he did it safely! Now is it on to a toddler bed for you guys?