Ryan meet Santa for the very first time today. We heard the fire engine coming and everyone around these parts knows what that means at Christmas time. So we hurried Ryan into his coat and got his still ketchup covered face out to see Santa. He walked right up with the rest of the kids to get a candy cane out of the bag. Of course one of the fireman thought Ryan was too cute and wanted to get a picture with Santa. I wonder if people will see the ketchup covered boy in the local newspaper and wonder what kind of mother lets her child out of the house like that. I was happy Ryan didn't get scared or cry. He didn't smile mind you, but be did manage to wave and say, "Bye-bye, Santa" as he rode away on the fire engine. He always seems more willing to talk when other people can't hear him. Honestly I think he was more excited about the fire engine than Santa, but that's probably because we don't really play Santa up in our house. Now ask him about the Holy Family. He will show you baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph in any manger scene and that's what's really important about Christmas. I'm sure as he gets older Santa will have increasing stock, but as long as he stays grounded in the truth about Christmas I think that's okay.
Oooo- A Candy Cane


Bye Santa

2 comments:
We too are teaching Callie the REAL reason behind Christmas-Jesus. But she also knows what Santa looks like and that there is a man at the mall who is dressed up like him. She has not gone to see him yet. It's so good to see another family with similar Christian values, and who believes you're never too young to learn the truth about Christmas! :)
Hope Ryan enjoyed his candy cane, even with a ketchup-covered face!
He's a cutie, that Ryan -- even with ketchup all over his face! I'm so glad Santa didn't frighten him.
Post a Comment