Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 27, 2006

Ludicrous

This is possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. It practically makes the point of all those people fighting to have Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays on shopping bags. Where will it end?! It's a sad commentary on our society that a priest could be put in jail for saying Jesus existed in a parish newsletter or anywhere for that matter! I'm sorry, but that just makes me mad. I hope they throw the guy who is bringing the case to court in jail for stupidity and wasting everyone's time.

2 comments:

One Tweet Thing said...

Silly. I would guess the case is going to be dismissed by the judge pretty quickly. It appears to be just a nuisance suit.

But the article says the priest wouldn't be put in jail regardless. Interesting that in Italy a regular person can bring up a case in criminal court. Doesn't it always have to be a government prosecuter here?

Anonymous said...

You're right. It is ludicrous. And a bit amazing in Italy--the center of Catholicism, of all places.