If you haven't purchased your baby's car seat and installed it facing
rearward in the backseat of your car yet, do it now. Your baby might come early,
and the hospital staff won't let you drive your baby home without one. And
there's nothing worse than watching from a hospital wheelchair as your partner
goes nuts trying to install it while he's parked in the fire lane.
Wow, I haven't even packed a bag yet. Am I just chill or am I totally irresponsible and unprepared?
I remember last time I went to the hospital to have a baby. Jay had to make 3 trips to the car to get all the stuff "the book" says you will need to the room. We didn't even use most of it. I was glad to have it ready early since Ryan did come before his due date, but not a month and a half before! There was plenty of time to get to the hospital though. It's not like I got the hospital and had the baby in 3 hours or something. I was there more than 24 hours before he came.
But I digress...
The car seat already?! It's not like I could easily get the thing in there with this big tummy, so Jay will be putting it in anyway. Besides, he has experience. Is there such a thing as being too prepared? I guess I'm more of a last minute person (some might say a procrastinator), but I really don't think this is necessary.



6 comments:
I read that last week I think. I mentioned something to DH about if we should put it in just to figure out how it works. He laughed at me! He said, "We've got over a month and I take people to lunch in my car!"
I think that maybe this is crossing over into the too prepared realm...
I'm trying to picture your car with THREE child seats in it! Where would you put SweetPea's? You have to dislocate one of your boys, and to make Zach (since he's older) sit WAY in the back before she arrives seems much. Then again, I guess you could make it a 'rite of passage' now and convince him its cool to sit further back...even if you do that, I'd wait a bit to install the baby seat. Why deal with more stuff in your car than you need?
oh geez... um yeah, as much of a preparedness freak as *I* am, the carseat's not getting installed THAT early.
I'm also not packing such a crazy hospital bag next time around. Pillow, shampoo/soap/hairbrush, clothes for me and baby to wear home. Thazzit.
Uh, I'm almost 36wks and we still don't have Avery's car seat in. Actually it's in the WRONG car. The one it's in is not the one we'll be taking to the hospital, which means we better switch it now or Josh'll be taking another trip home to get it! I am also just now going to get the rest of our needed items from Target tomorrow. I vote for us being more relaxed the second time around! :)
Oh, this brings back memories. All that stuff sitting unused in my suitcase. I'm sure the nurses were laughing at us...I'm all for being prepared (and I know you were a bit early with Ryan) but if you were to deliver THIS early, I'm sure you could have someone bring the carseat to you. I agree with your mom. Three carseats when you don't need them, why bother?
Yeah, I'm with you and Mari. Our carseat is sitting, all ready to go...in the basement. With Isaac not being allowed in the hospital as much, I'm sure the hubs will be making at least one trip back to the house after the baby's born but before baby + I come home from the hospital. And then Hubs can do the install all by himself.
Post a Comment