Wow, I guess I've been feeling pretty negative lately. The blog posts certainly have been. I thought I would add a little brightness from tonight.
I had my Ryan back for a brief hour or so tonight. He had a very long nap and still woke up cranky wanting nothing to do with me. He fussed and cried for a while about everything. He wouldn't take any Tylenol. Jay wrestled with him for a while and got about 1/4 of a dose in without him managing to spit it out. He was still EXTREMELY cranky, so we took him up to his room and closed the door telling him he could come out when he was done crying. He spent a few minutes in there then he opened the door(still crying of course) and stood in the door way. I decided to try loving on him again. I'd tried it many times, mostly he just pushed me away, but this time he melted on my shoulder. We cuddled for a while and then we talked and played a couple tickle games. He finally decided to eat his food. He ate nicely and asked for more with a please. Then he smiled. A real true genuine smile. It struck me in that moment that I hadn't seen him smile in days. It was such a wonderful sight. After he finished his food I told him it was time for his medicine and he ran over to get it, then asked for more when he was done. There wasn't much time left in the rest of the evening, but it was great. Ryan was himself. We read stories, sang songs and went to bed just like a normal night. Beautiful!



2 comments:
Yay for normalcy! I haven't really seen him be cranky and fussy for any length of time, but I am pretty sure I like the real Ryan. Glad you got to see hom for a while today!
I'm so glad for you. I really feel for how you must be feeling, and with all the toddler drama added to it, that doesn't help. So glad you had some sweet moma time with him.
Good luck today!
Lisa
Post a Comment