Ryan had another first today. I let him eat at the table like his big brother. We all sat at the table and had breakfast together this morning(well, minus Jay because he was already at work). He keeps climbing up on Zach's chair at snack time, breakfast time and pretty much any time. This morning I moved him to my chair and plopped a bowl of Cheerios down in from of him. I wasn't sure how it would go. Images of Cheerios being thrown about; Ryan getting up and leaving the table then coming back and leaving again; Ryan standing up and falling down and more horrible things passed through my mind. I was pleasantly surprised. He sat at the table and ate his fill(not all of the cereal, but most of it), he drank his milk and when he was done he got up. He did stand in the chair a couple times later in the morning, but we'll work on that. I guess every time we eat dinner together he is paying attention:-)
Speaking of eating dinner together, I have to share this adorable thing he does. Before dinner we all hold hands and pray. Usually it is a kids prayer-'God is great' or 'Lord we thank you...' I guess he's been paying attention to that too because for the past few weeks when we get to the table he will hold hands and bob them up and down(we do that with him, but I'm not sure why) and he says, "Gah i goo" translated to grown up English this is "God is good". For those who don't know that is the second line of 'God is great', so we've been saying that one pretty much all the time now:-) It's so awesome to see how they pick things up even when you're not specifically trying to teach them.
First time eating at the table
2 comments:
I can not even imagine this day ever coming for us. Nor can I imagine Ben just eating a bowl of Cheerios and not baby mush. I also can not imagine said bowl of Cheerios not being tossed everywhere. How do you get him to do these things? I feel like I must be missing something...
For more pictures of Ryan's first meal at the table check out the new February album. Just click on the link in the sidebar under albums.
Post a Comment