Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Weekend=slow blogging

Usually I like to spend my weekend with my family, especially my hubby. Right now he is watching the Super Bowl and I am not so interested. I might have been able to watch the whole thing with him, but this morning I woke up with a sore throat and a headache. I took some cold medicine and a nap, so I feel better. I still have not really been able to focus on much today. Even reading the screen right now doesn't not feel good for my eyes, but I'm bored. Maybe it's a good thing that I *still* have to look at my keys to type;-) I really should have taken typing in middle school while I had the chance. I heard it was hard and I *KNEW* without a doubt that I wouldn't need to type that much in my life since I didn't plan on being a secretary or anything. This of course was before the big internet boom and I'm not sure we even had a computer at that point. Gosh I'm old! My husband and I have often marveled at the idea that our kids will never know a world: where you can't see the picture as soon as you take it; the computer doesn't have a mouse and high speed internet; you have to have cash to buy at least some things(now that fast food places, gas stations and EVERYWHERE else take credit cards); you can't get in touch with someone because they are not home(cell phones); with payphones; where video games and special effects didn't look real; and our youngest will never know a time where you just have to watch what's on TV at the time or nothing at all(TiVo). Crazy. It's so different from when I grew up, but it doesn't feel like it's been that long since I was a kid. I do feel a little old every time I get one of those "child of the 80s" e-mails.
Well this has been a long post, so I'm going to save my cute Ryan story for tomorrow:-) It may even have a short video:-)

4 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

WHAT?! No Ryan story? You'll make us WAIT?! :-)

That's so true about the world our kids will know. I don't stop to think like that often. (I try not to think as often as possible.) You're right, though. LB will never get it when I say, "I didn't have a cell phone until I was 27." "But mommy, all my 12 year old FRIENDS have one!"

Erin said...

I just woke up and have a sore throat and STILL have my headache from yesterday (though not as bad at the moment). What's the deal with that? Is this going to turn into the flu? Gosh I hope not... I don't have any sick days! ;)

Periwinkle Jen said...

I hope not! I did have some soreness. I strained my neck and my leg(two different instances) and it seemed like it didn't take much. I haven't gotten any unexplained aches though(crossing my fingers). I just felt VERY blah all day:-(

Anonymous said...

Thats pretty weird. I got sick on sunday too. I thought it was the flu, because my entire body hurt and i was completely exhausted so i went to bed really early and slept 12 hours. Now i just have a horrible cough, so i think its bronchitus. Well i just thought i'd comment cuz it's kinda a weird coincidence. Hope you all feel better.
Uncle Ben