Okay, I've heard of drama queens, but has anyone ever heard of a drama king?! Let's say we have a 6 year old who is eating dinner(hypothetically of course). All of a sudden he starts crying. I do mean all of a sudden, out of no where-crying. He grabs his throat and whines, "My throat hurts!" Miraculously he was able to finish eating when he found out there would be no dessert or treat if he didn't. Does this kind of behavior a drama king make? Hmmmm.....I think yes.
Any ideas how to handle a 'Shakespearean Monarch' while not ignoring real problems?



4 comments:
oh, my. Well.. my Mom used to say, "Of course it does.. it's in the book." Whatever it is that was hurting at the most odd times was "in the book."
Apparently, I believed in said book. And I stopped.
clap for the performance
:P
I'd use the dessert trick too. But 4 days later, feel very guilty when my throat start to hurt!
Sounds to me like you have a pretty good handle on the problem. However, if your little 'drama king' pulls the same tricks YOU did, you are bound to miss a REAL problem once in a while. Don't let yourself feel guilty about it-it is a teaching tool for the 'boy who cried wolf.' Love you.
Post a Comment