I took Ryan to the doctor today. My poor little monkey has bronchitis and a mild ear infection. No wonder he has been so miserable! I feel so bad for not taking him to the doctor sooner. It's so hard to know when you need to take them to the doctor. I'm trying not to be that paranoid mom who takes her kid to the doctor every time he has a cough, but then my kid ends up with bronchitis. ugh. I hate not knowing what to do.
On the bright side, he only has one more baby immunization. He should be able to get it in 2 weeks and then he will be done until he is 4! Yay for the end of shots!!!



6 comments:
You're a good Mom, don't worry about the 'not knowing when' part. We all go through that. I took myself (actually, Dad took me) to the doctor today. He told me I have what's going around and there isn't anything they can do except give me stuff to make me feel better. Then he gave me four different kinds of medicine!
I hope Ryan feels better soon!
Ryan hasn't actually seemed to feel bad in a while. He has a cough, but it really hasn't slowed him down. I think the ear infection bothered him 2 nights ago, but he woke up happy. At the beginning of his cold he seemed a little clingy and fussy, but he's been much happier lately.
I WANT to be fussy and clingy, but there is no one to be fussy and clingy TO...
Dad is really busy with the play, so I have been on my own. He's sweet to me when he's here, though.
Don't feel bad... I'm the same way. I don't want to be calling the doctor for every little thing either, especially since I know most of the time whatever is going on is nothing the doctor could do anything about anyway.
My mom always reminds me that that's why I pay him, and they expect people to call them all the time. But I just can't do it.
I take solace in my intuition... I feel confident that if it was something serious, I'd know and would call without hesitation night, day or weekend.
In your case, you had an appointment in two days anyway... how convenient! I would have waited too. :) I'm sure Ryan is no worse for the wear. ;)
Well now, do you remember the agony your parents went thru when baby jen cought a cold??
I believe you may have CAUGHT a cold some 26 years ago and received more loving attention than you were aware of at the time.
Post a Comment