Victory!


Last Wednesday when he was trying to put on Zach's shoes he said, "Shoe on!" It kind of ran together and I often tell him, "Let's get your shoes on." So I don't know if he meant to say two words or if that's when he thinks you say when you put shoes on. He also has been saying "Let's go" a lot lately. Of course he has been saying "Thank you" for a very long time, so it might be something like that. He just repeats words that I often say together not knowing it's two words. It is exciting for me though :-)
He is understanding more and more all the time. He is even communicating his needs with words now! Of course I think I am the only one who understands what he is saying with lots of his words. Like 'mo' is milk and 'key' or 'pwee' can both mean please. He has words with his grandmommy too. She brings special books when she comes to watch him. Last time she came over he asked for "Pum-pum"(aka The Little Drummer Boy) before she knew it he had gone downstairs and was looking in her tote bag for the book. He requested another book she brought on a previous visit. He said, "oink" for Pigs say 'Oink'. I had never heard of Pigs say 'Oink', but apparently there are lots of animal sounds and he loves it. He really loves animals. I guess most kids do.



3 comments:
Wow--sentences, verbalizing requests, remembering stories and WHO read them...how cool is that?He is really growing up! I remember Tommy's first sentence: "Steve bring bears?" He was hoping that Steve would bring gummy bears when he came to visit.
Wow! What a big boy! And such a cute pic! SUCH a cutie!!
He looks like he's doing a little turn on the catwalk yeah... ;)
Post a Comment