Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter Weekend

This weekend was quite busy. Saturday we went to an Easter egg hunt in a local shore town. It was nice as those things go. I personally think they should change the name to Easter egg pick up since the eggs are not hidden at all. Zach got quite a loot. Ryan didn't even pick up one egg. He seemed to enjoy running around with the kids, but he just didn't get the idea of picking up the eggs and putting them in a bag. I tried to help him, so he did get one egg, but I put it in his hand and guided it into the bag. Oh well, maybe next year. After the 'hunt' was over we went and played on the playground. Ryan of course spent most of the time in the swing, but he did slide and climb some. I think it may have been the first time Zach has ever seen a merry-go-round. He was a little intimidated by it at first, but he ended up loving it. He said the spinning thing was his favorite part of the day. After playing for a little while we came home for Ryan's nap. In the afternoon we colored eggs and played with the kids. After the kids were in bed we spent most of the time preparing for Easter morning. Sunday morning we got up and had the traditional egg hunt. Ryan was much more in to this hunt. Once he opened his first egg and found fruit snacks he was an egg hunting machine;-) He found all his eggs before Zach found all of his. We set two colors(orange and yellow for the record) aside and told Zach not to get those colors because they were hidden easily for Ryan. It all worked out well besides the jelly beans on the floor with tooth marks in them. I guess Ryan didn't like them. I can't say I blame him. I've never been a fan myself. Daisy took care of that little problem for us and we moved on to presents. Zach was not as excited about his personalized notepad as I thought he would be. He just wondered how they got his picture. I think once he uses it he will like it more. He was excited about his chocolate bunny and his frog float. Ryan was loved his peek-a-blocks train, his nesting blocks and his 'things that go' wooden puzzle. He was able to identify most of the things on the puzzle. There are two "vroom, vroom, car" pieces, a "bus" and a "choo, choo". The ones he didn't know were boat and airplane. When we went to sit down for breakfast there was a surprise on everyone's chair(a little trick I learned from my mom). The boys all got University of Maryland gear. It's daddy's alma matter you know. Zach was super excited about his shirt and Jay put his hat on right away. We got a couple pictures with them in their gear, but none of them turned out great. If you want to check them out they are in the March Album. I was quite pleased when Zach announced in the car that he knew the real reason for Easter. "It's not the eggs or candy that are the most special thing. It's that Jesus died for our sins and rose again." Almost a direct quote of what I had told him the day before, but he remembered :-) Our church service was amazing. I won't bore you with the details because I can't tell it nearly as well as Ben(our lead pastor), but I will tell you there was a goat. A real live goat on the stage! After service it was home for nap time. The rest of us had lunch. I uploaded the pictures from the morning and then worked on my secret project. Jay and Zach played Frogger and Leverage. After nap it was off to Grandmommy and Granddaddy's house. We visited with the family minus Ben and plus John's brother, Joey, for a few hours. Zach stayed there for a sleepover and Ryan fell asleep in the car on the way home(it was only 6:00, but we could tell he was tired at Jay's parent's house). When we finally got home it was around 7:00, but it felt like midnight. We did Ryan's night time routine and tried to put him to bed. He would lay there quietly for 10 minutes and then start crying. He did this until 9PM and then finally stayed asleep. I guess you can't blame him after having such a late nap. Jay and I were trying to watch a movie in the midst of this. At least we could pause it. It was a pretty silly movie-"Laws of Attraction". I guess it's entertaining enough, but I don't think I'll be watching it again. Since this is a rather long post I'll save the movie recommendation I have for another time. I will however tell you that this is my very first post from the living room! If you read my husband's blog you know that he got an amazing deal on a Dell laptop, so now we have one because he is our resident deal king. How convenient is it to have a laptop?!! I love this. I'm watching Ryan play with his toys right over the screen! I admit that I was not convinced that we needed a laptop, but I'm so glad we have one now! Am I spoiled? I hope I don't sound spoiled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! I knew it wouldn't take long for Ryan to catch onto egg hunts. He's a pretty smart guy. Zach has a lot on the ball, too. I hope the rest of your Spring is just as much fun.

Love you lots