Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Best Birthday Present!

Okay, so Jay did a FANTASTIC job with my birthday present! We went to Williamsburg which has special significance to me from my formative years. Jay knew this and arranged for my parents to watch the kids while we had some time in Virginia. It was AMAZING. I don't think couples truly enjoy couple time until they have kids. I know I have never treasured time alone with my husband as much as I did this weekend. It was so nice to sleep when I wanted to and as late as I wanted to. Getting ready only entailed getting ME ready! We went to a really nice dinner at the Williamsburg Inn. It was also fantastic. Candle light, music, ambiance. The best part was that it took two hours and there was no need to play peek-a-boo or pull magic tricks out of my purse, no bouncing and flipping the baby to keep him from fussing. A relaxed dinner with conversation and flirting;-) It couldn't have been better. The room we had was spectacular. I feel like a bit of a goober because I had to take pictures of it because it was so nice. The next morning we slept until our hearts content. We got up and ready and headed to Busch Gardens. We rode all adult rides- together! The Curse of DarkCastle is AWESOME, by the way. We had some good time to grow closer as a couple and rejuvenate as parents. It was great. I think I've told Jay 100 times that I LOVE my birthday gift, but I'll say one more time- I loved my birthday gift!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Jay! Ya done good! ;)
Tom and I willhave to try this overnight thing when Ben is a few months older... maybe after summer. I'm very jealous! Mostly about the uninterrupted dinner!

Periwinkle Jen said...

I knew you would appreciate the wonderfulness of it all. Especially as a fellow mother of a spirited/active child ;-)