Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Sleeping Like a Baby

Have you ever heard the mom or dad of a newborn tell you that old line about 'sleeping like a baby' isn't true? I would have been the first to tell you this for the past year and 8 months. Until today. I'm hear to tell you folks that it just might be based in truth. Yes babies wake up every few hours, but when they are out- they are OUT.
I was vacuuming upstairs toward the end of nap time, so I decided to go into Ryan's room and give it a once over since it is the least vacuumed room in the house. I just knew he would wake up screaming because he HATES the vacuum. I thought well if I get any at all done it's better than nothing and if he wakes up it's the end of nap time anyway. So I went in and vacuumed his entire room and he didn't budge. He slept right through the whole thing. This boy will hear me running the vacuum from downstairs, run up where I am and scream with his arms in the air until I turn off the vacuum and pick him up. I'm not sure why the vacuum scares him so much. He couldn't wait to get his hands on the drill when daddy was using it and he was very intrigued by the power saw grandpa was using, but the vacuum scares him to death. Just like a man;-)
So, apparently Ryan can sleep through a hurricane. I guess this means Ryan's room doesn't have to go unvacuumed until a time when he isn't home and I am anymore. Phew!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe it's all an act.. so when he gets old enough to actually help you out by vacuuming,you won't ask! ;) LOL... goes along with your "just like a man" theory.

Ben, on the other hand, spent a good part of yesterday afternoon vacuuming his tummy, fingers and toes. (with the hose part) I tried to get it on video becauseI was laughing out LOUD it was so funny.... but then of course, he moved on to something else. Argh.

Periwinkle Jen said...

LOL...He likes to be clean, huh? Please tell me the vacuum was off!

Erin said...

Umm.... no, it was on... that was the funny part. I was sitting right there though so he wouldn't try to put it in his mouth and suck out his tongue. That would be bad.