Saturday was a good, relaxing, get-stuff-done sort of a day. Jay and Ryan did some errands together and then played at home together to give me some time alone which I desperately needed. Then the three of us spent the afternoon playing together.
Sunday was nice. We went to church and heard a great sermon on parenting. Then we came home and had some down time before heading over to Jay's parents' house. We walked to Sherwood Gardens and enjoyed the fields for a while. Jay and his brother Ben played Frisbee. Ryan and Jay's dad even joined in the Frisbee fun:-) Ryan was hoisted into a tree and he pretended to be a bird. "tweet, tweet" Then he and Uncle Ben wrestled for a while. We brought Ben back home with us so he could hit DC with us on Monday.
We visited the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum and Natural history museum. We spent a little time in the American history museum, but not enough in my opinion. I'll write more about our trip to DC later. I need to tend to see what Ryan wants...I have a feeling it's just for me to get off the computer and pay attention to him.



4 comments:
I have to agree with you Nifer holiday weekends are the best. I did not spend mine relaxing like you but I did enjoy myself. I decided to go to Las Vegas with a few friends for a little grown up fun (Drinking). I will tell you that I really did enjoy myself and I am glad to here that you ejoyed yourself as well.
Love,
Uncle T.J.
fun! I love D.C.... Tom and I are going to have to do that one weekend soon. How did Ryan do in the museums? I'm so afraid Ben would get restless and freak out. Did you take the train from GB or what?
TJ- I'm glad you had fun. I hope you were safe.
Erin- We took the Metro from College Park. More about the trip in my next post:-)
Sounds like a good weekend. Glad you had fun! I love DC and the museums, too. You're right, you can never spend enough time there. Have a great week. Love you!
Post a Comment